[Foundation-l] 80% of our projects are failing

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 20:26:06 UTC 2008

Hoi,
The Dutch Wikipedia has passed 500.000 articles.. if a seven year old Dutch
kid would be looking for a "paard", the child would not get what we have in
store when it asks for a "horse" in stead..
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=paard&go=Try+exact+match
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Horse

I know of smaller WMF projects where even the admins have given up on
Commons.. So yes, Commons is a great project but it has only 3,5 million
media files and it does not support other languages like it could and in my
opinion should.
Thanks,
      GerardM