[Foundation-l] 80% of our projects are failing

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 18:49:24 UTC 2008

Hoi,
There is no point in usability studies when the lessons learned are not
applied. At the Boston Wikimania there was another person who had done
studies on usability and MediaWiki. She even presented about it at the
"Hacker days"...

Given the current opportunity, we should make the most of it. We should
improve our usability and learn from the existing usability studies. They
are far more relevant to us then most of the other studies performed on us.
These studies help us to do better, to be more inclusive, to grow our
projects.

As to Commons, it is effectively useless to the people that do not speak
English. There is a proof of concept solution to this. In my opinion, it
does not make sense to ask people to upload to Commons if the images are
lost once loaded because for them there is no way to find these pictures
again. So while the wizard may help load the pictures and provide license
info, they do not solve the more important problem.
Thanks,
      GerardM