[Foundation-l] 80% of our projects are failing

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 07:47:36 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Interesting but off topic. At issue is that many parts exist that are known
to make MediaWiki more usable. We need to make MediaWiki more usable and all
it takes is to apply the lessons learned by applying the results of the
usability studies performed by UNICEF.

We only have to learn about their findings and apply them to our projects.
What is needed is for us to consider what it would take to make this happen
on our projects. It does include several opportunities; the templates for
new articles allow us to promote structure on articles, the functionality
itself promotes participation. I do argue that our projects will benefit
tremendously from this low hanging fruit.

I would like to see the lessons learned by UNICEF as soon as possible
because it will give our MediaWiki software a new lease on life.
Thanks,
     GerardM