[Foundation-l] timelines & extensions

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:12:10 UTC 2008

Just a question (srry this is not strictly foundation related, but
it's the only true meta lsit I've found)

Has anyone worked on an extension for timelines like the ones on the
simile project? Was anyone aware of that project?

Example:
http://matmor.unam.mx/~drini/timelines.php

They're much more appealing than the ones we currently use. Code is
BSD licensed and I've linked a JSON data file on the example.

Many more examples on the homepage:
http://simile.mit.edu/timeline/

I know I know "what about those using lynx"!!!
Yet we have embedded video and sound players, we use foldable divs
tricks, etc, use an ajax search box etc.

 A similar interesting one and with a great potential is also the Timeplot one.

Good idea? Bad idea?