[Foundation-l] Wikimedia UK v2.0

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 22:04:53 UTC 2008

Dear Wikimedia community,

We are proud and honoured to announce that a plan is in the works to
found a new UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation. A lot of
discussion has already taken place on IRC and we are ready to begin
gathering support from the community. If you are interesting in being
part of a new UK chapter, in whatever capacity (from sitting on the
board, to cheering us on from the sidelines), please head over to
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK_v2.0 and let us know. Over
the next few days we will gather names and put some finishing touches
to the plans. An election will be held for the initial board, who will
then oversee the process of founding the company and accepting
application to membership. They will then organise an AGM to formally
elect a new board to take the chapter forward to begin fundraising and
supporting the Wikimedia community in the UK in whatever way we can.

This is an exciting time for the UK community and I hope you will all
support us in it.

Kind regards,

Thomas "Tango" Dalton
Tom "Cfp" Holden