[Foundation-l] New Wiki-idea

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 04:29:34 UTC 2008

Preferably, that you created the idea, advertised it on this or other lists,
and added it with appropriate metadata to the new project ideas page!

I've cleaned up the page a bit, archived the oldest ones, and added a
reasonably compact template to use for future proposals... some of those are
really good ideas we should get around to implementing.

In particular, I'd like to see us consider a geo-centered wiki (which could
tie into geodata on other projects, help better organize the commons maps,
and improve on the sort of data one can find at wikimapia these days) and a
genealogy wiki (which would be a relief to the thousands of people
struggling on small, mutually incompatible, and often poorly-licensed sites,
and naturally leverage our global extent).

SJ