[Foundation-l] New list admin: Ral315

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 13:45:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> Great idea we might call it a volunteer council :) Maybe this council can
> liaise strongly with Cary in stead of making him the head honcho ...
> Thanks,
>        GerardM
>
> NB no irony intended !!

There are two different starting points between the Council and the
Committee intentions: Council was intended to represent (somehow)
community's (or communities') will, while committee is a working body
with a particular goal. With or without council, for me it is obvious
that we should have a body which manages volunteers' enthusiasm toward
higher involvement. (And, according to the size of the volunteer
community, this is not a job for one person.)