[Foundation-l] "Wikidrama" and autonomy of Wikimedia projects

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 20:18:38 UTC 2008

Hoi,
As the examples given are all about the English Wikipedia it is clear that
the over involvement of the organisation is the problem itself.  As far as i
am concerned the organisation has only a remit to deal with projects and the
policy of projects when it is in line with what has been accepted as an
universal policy. If it is not, it takes imho a board decision to make a
policy one that is to be applied universally. This is in my opinion
something that should only happen with extreme reluctance.

When two projects have rules, it cannot be considered that either one has
more gravity then the other. When an en,wikpedian wants to make his profile
a SUL profile, he has to do what he has to do. This is reciprocal as the
en.wp reserves a far as I know this same right.

When a peron is banned from a project, and he continues to do his nefarious
works elsewhere, then there is no need to assume good faith. Outing people
is a violation of the English Wikipedia. It is that simple. The question is
what can you do about this. What room is there to do something about this?

There are many motherfuckers, typically they have someone calling them dad
or daddy.

Thanks,
      GerardM