[Foundation-l] Note regarding status of privacy policy

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 14:38:55 UTC 2008

Chad wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 1:26 AM, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree with Jussi-Ville. These combined statements read very much like
>> a veiled legal threat aimed at David Gerard. At the very least it's
>> fearmongering by analogy.
>>
>> ps. Sorry for the brevity or abbreviations in any previous emails today,
>> they were written on my phone at 85 mph on the highway on the 13 hour
>> drive from South Florida to D.C.
>>
>> -Dan
>>

> I don't know about the whole length of 95 (it's been some time since
> I've taken 95 down to Florida), but at least in Virginia, the speed
> limit on I-95 is 65. Speeding _and_ texting Dan? Shame on you :-)
>
> -Chad

Oh my battery died on the phone WAY before Virginia. My emails were I
think around Jacksonville, FL; Hilton Head, SC; and Rocky Mount, NC. On
an interesting note, I was able to read the Wikipedia article on Aphasia
as I was passing through Jacksonville, meaning Wikimedia projects as an
iPhone app are certainly workable. I did a search in the app store, and
found several projects that access Wikipedia for things, but mainly as
geo-locators to find articles related to your nearby coordinates from
the GPS. None of them were actually a dedicated Wikimedia reader
interface -- iPhone users still have to load up safari and get the
actual webpage. It would be very nice to see something that is a
dedicated Wikimedia reader, it will show you the article very quickly,
and then have a place where you can click to view images (separately, so
they don't slow down the text loading).

But this is all getting off topic for the original point.