[Foundation-l] Philip Greenspun illustration project Round 1 is now open

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 13:47:57 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am happy to announce that Round 1 of the Philip Greenspun
illustration project (PGIP) is now open. The request list is published
here: <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Philip_Greenspun_illustration_project/Round_1/Request_list>
It will run for two months. Then in conjunction with Cary and Erik we
will assess how Round 1 went, adjust as necessary and (with any luck
:)) carry on with Round 2.

In case you are wondering "What is PGIP?", it's a project that was
enabled by a donation of Philip Greenspun to the Wikimedia Foundation
for the purpose of creating illustrations. The original community
announcement by Cary was here
<http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-November/034531.html>
and the central place for all PGIP info has been on meta, here:
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Philip_Greenspun_illustration_project>

So basically it's 1) collect requests for illustrations and 2) pay
people to make them.

If you are interested in the project and/or interested in creating
illustrations, please join the mailing list:
and please also check out the information on meta.

If you are wondering why it took like ten months, I wrote a bit of an
explanation here.
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Philip_Greenspun_illustration_project/Round_1#About_the_delay.>

I will probably have more to say over the next couple of weeks about
ways people can help. For now, I'd just like your help spreading the
word to any illustrators you know that might not have heard of this
project yet.

thanks,
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise