[Foundation-l] Note regarding status of privacy policy (suggestion)

private musings thepmaccount at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 07:29:51 UTC 2008

...I think we probably could work out way towards agreeing to disagree on
this one - but I also suspect there's some common ground hiding there
somewhere!

Yes - full openness surrounding the length of time IP data is stored for may
increase 'gamability' in some areas - it may also cause other unspoken, or
un-thought of problems.

The benefits to doing so are in my view a bit fuzzier and related to big
picture community health issues and an abstract concept of what's 'right' -
perhaps it'll suffice to say for now that I currently believe it would be a
net gain to be open, honest, and clear about this sort of stuff.

best,

Peter
PM.