[Foundation-l] It is high time we decided upon global Wikimedianprinciples

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 15:24:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Ting Chen <Wing.Philopp at gmx.de> wrote:
> We have some fundamental rules, that at least theoretically should be
>implemented on all projects. That all content are under GFDL and should thus be
>granted free for ever is one of these rules. NPOV is another such rule. Openness is
>also a foundamental rule of all WikiMedia projects.

Again, and I really can't stress this enough: These "fundamental
rules" are not global! en.wikinews DOES NOT USE THE GFDL. It uses
CC-BY instead, which is still free but isn't the same thing.
en.wikiversity, en.wikisource, and en.wikiquote have very different
meanings for NPOV then en.wikiversity does. Do yourself a favor and
check out WV's policy page on the matter:

http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/WV:NPOV

--Andrew Whitworth