[Foundation-l] New wiki creation

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 22:27:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 12:18 AM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> 2008/4/30 Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) <pathoschild at gmail.com>:
>
> >  This is difficult. For example, the Extremaduran Wikipedia test
>  >  project has been edited by 34 users, some of which are inactive.
>  >  <http://tools.wikimedia.de/~pathoschild/ls-testanalysis/?prefix=wp/ext>
>
>  This won't be necessary. Existing incubator content _can_ remain under
>  FDL only. New edits to the wikis that are being set up right now have
>  to have the "will agree to the possibility of migration" clause.

Erik, I needed a lot of time to understand what are you saying. So,
I'll try to explain it to others:

A clause for migration from GFDL 1.3 to CC-BY-SA 3.x/whatever will be
applied only to wikis started before some date. This date is obviously
before the present.

So, this applies to all existing projects, except to new ones; which
includes Incubator, too.

Contributors should *state* that their work may be used under the
terms under CC-BY-SA 3.0 (or any later) *in the case* of switching
from GFDL to CC-BY-SA.

This means that they are able to freely translate anything from any
GFDL project, as well as the project will be licensed under GFDL until
the migration.

I hope that I explained the main part of misunderstanding.