[Foundation-l] New wiki creation

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 30 17:50:24 UTC 2008

2008/4/30 effe iets anders <effeietsanders at gmail.com>:
>  Same thought occurred to me. NL Wikibooks is also dual licensed, and
>  it is with that respect a small pain in the ass.

Under the construction of the FDL 1.3 we've seen, it might be feasible
to have a clause which amounts to "I also agree to licensing my edits
under CC-BY-SA 3.0  in the event that this wiki will be migrated to
CC-BY-SA 3.0 in the future". Mike, jump in if you disagree, but that
kind of agreement would seem sufficient to me to ensure that content
can be safely migrated in the future.

The only point here is to not block a clean future migration of new wikis.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation