[Foundation-l] New wiki creation

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 17:10:05 UTC 2008

Any chance you can provide some updated insight on when 1.3 might appear?

-Robert Rohde

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> We're still waiting for the FDL 1.3. Since there's been no resolution
> within the timeframe we hoped for, we're going to re-allow the
> creation of new Wikimedia wikis. To make sure that we can safely
> transition to CC-BY-SA, we're going to dual-license them under
> CC-BY-SA 3.0:
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode
> We may remove this dual-licensing clause later, depending on what the
> community decides with regard to licensing of existing and new wikis
> based on the options that the FDL 1.3 will provide. This
> dual-licensing of new wikis is purely intended to make sure that we
> have the _option_ to transition these wikis to CC-BY-SA 3.0 (or later)
> if we choose to.
> --
> Erik Möller
> Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation
> Support Free Knowledge: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate
> _______________________________________________
> foundation-l mailing list
> foundation-l at lists.wikimedia.org
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l

More information about the foundation-l mailing list