[Foundation-l] New wiki creation

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 30 16:52:46 UTC 2008

We're still waiting for the FDL 1.3. Since there's been no resolution
within the timeframe we hoped for, we're going to re-allow the
creation of new Wikimedia wikis. To make sure that we can safely
transition to CC-BY-SA, we're going to dual-license them under
CC-BY-SA 3.0:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode

We may remove this dual-licensing clause later, depending on what the
community decides with regard to licensing of existing and new wikis
based on the options that the FDL 1.3 will provide. This
dual-licensing of new wikis is purely intended to make sure that we
have the _option_ to transition these wikis to CC-BY-SA 3.0 (or later)
if we choose to.

--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation