[Foundation-l] Election rules modification regarding suffrage issues raised on this list

Alison Wheeler wikimedia at alisonwheeler.com
Wed Apr 30 16:22:08 UTC 2008

On Wed, April 30, 2008 16:39, Delphine Ménard wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Philippe Beaudette
> <philippebeaudette at gmail.com> wrote:
>>"at least 50 edits between January 1, 2008 and June 1, 2008".
> I'm just afraid I'm not gonna have the required number of edits on any
> one wiki. And I consider myself kind of "up to date" to be allowed to
> vote.

Given that, unusually where suffrage is being determined, the closing date
for the required level of activity is still over a month away (rather than
in the past), and that no differentiation is made between minor wikignome
edits and major copyedit rewrites, then I would expect *anyone* who wanted
to ensure their ability to vote would be able to do so by finding 50
spelling and / or grammar mistakes. ie, imho, not a difficult hurdle to
leap by any stretch of the imagination.

Alison Wheeler