[Foundation-l] Board restructuring and community

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Apr 30 02:57:50 UTC 2008

Alison Wheeler wrote:
> The WMF of recent history has, I would suggest without intending any
> disrespect, been dire in this respect as it has elected people who had
> little or no relevant skills in the general or strategic management of a
> world-wide organisation, and some of the past actions / decisions of the
> Board have suffered because of that.

I think that most (or possibly) all members of the board are willing to
accept that sort of criticism without it being thought of as
disrespectful in the least.

One of the things that the board has been very good about in recent
months is internal growth and understanding that there are skills that
we need to recruit to the board.

--Jimbo