[Foundation-l] A contribution to numerology

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Tue Apr 29 19:50:36 UTC 2008

Milos Rancic hett schreven:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>  Have you read http://www.alleyinsider.com/sai25 ?
>>

> If we are talking about money, the potential value of Wikimedia is far
> more than $7 billions. As an organized cultural movement in the near
> future its value will be at the level of one country with 10-20
> millions of inhabitants.

If Wikipedia is worth 7 billions at the moment, that would mean, every
article is worth (we hit 10 million articles some time ago) some 700
dollars. Oh my god! If I idiot wouldn't have released my articles under
fucking GFDL and if I instead had sold them on the free market, I could
be a millionaire! I should stop contributing to Wikipedia at once ;-)

And translate it into the country thing: That means I could reign over
my own country with more inhabitants than the Vatican! King Marcus I. of
Buckonia! Nice dreams ;-)

Marcus Buck