[Foundation-l] Board restructuring and community

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 15:17:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 7:43 AM, Ilario Valdelli <valdelli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally I think that 4 experts is a big number for the board.
> Experts are consultants not board members!!!
>
> Probably 2 experts is a number sufficient to cover particular skills
> but the board it's the *unique* link between the communities and the
> management, IMHO this new configuration it's a suicide of the board.
>
> Surely the 2 chapters members in the board must replace the experts
> seats and not the community's seats.

You are less wordy than I am...  My thoughts exactly.

And I agree with senpai that 'community seats' should continue to mean
'chosen directly by the community'.  There are many other ways to choose
community members by intermediate representatives...

SJ

 On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com>