[Foundation-l] A contribution to numerology

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 14:44:20 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > - But, even if we didn't elect any of experts, Jimmy may be treasurer,
> > NGO expert or economist.>  And Anthere may be developer or lawyer.
>
>  Seriously Milos :-)
>  Have you read http://www.alleyinsider.com/sai25 ?

:))) I realized the unintentionally ironic part of my words when I
read your email. If I realized that earlier, I would use it
ironically, for sure :)

The sense of that part is that if the Board really doesn't have any
person to cover one position, then some of the existing members of the
Board may be acting person for that position. So, you would be able to
act as an economist (I think that an agricultural engineer learns some
economy). I really hope that things like economic development of WMF
and NGO structure development don't rely on one Board member. And that
if someone is not an expert, they may coordinates such activities
because they are enough introduced in the particular matter.

Also, the Board may make a statement before every election like: "We
need as much experts as it is possible." I am sure that it may
influence some people to vote to someone at least as their second or
third option (which is, according to the election rules, has the same
value as the first option).

Actually, the Wikimedian community is maybe the most able community to
elect an expert as their representative. If something is our
advantage, it is a huge number of clever and educated persons.