[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 14:23:48 UTC 2008

2008/4/29 Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net>:
> > Secondly seats for community members are still a majority: 5 + Jimmy.
>  > If a vote goes 5-5, it fails. So there is no "power bloc of
>  > outsiders".
>  > If you are really concerned that "the chapters" are going to somehow
>  > choose the wrong people, then why not pipe up with suggestions about
>  > what "the right way" would be.
>  >
>  I realize that the prevailing spin is that the chapter seats are
>  community seats, but in the absence of the chapters themselves having
>  worked out a viable plan the spin is based purely on speculation.

OR: in the absence of the chapters themselves having (had a chance to)
work out a viable plan, this is a great opportunity for everyone to
provide suggestions to them about the ways they might go about it...

A few comments I have read have been as if the chapters seats are a
fait accompli, doomed, when in fact I see this is a great
*opportunity* for people to help guide the process to something they
are happy with.

Brianna

http://modernthings.org/