[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Apr 29 14:17:14 UTC 2008

Samuel Henderson wrote:
> What am I missing?

There is a general move toward strengthening and expanding the chapter
system as a scalable and thoughtful way to build the global movement.  I
anticipate serious growth in the chapters and chapter membership and for
it to eventually be a much more common mechanism for editor
participation in governance.

I would personally like to see it become the default assumption that
active editors become members of a chapter, not a requirement, but an
assumption that most people make.