[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Apr 29 02:28:01 UTC 2008

Mike Godwin wrote:
> And, of course, it is entirely possible that community members may be
> appointed to the expertise spots, as someone else has pointed out.

Indeed, I think the board is essentially unanimous (though I do not
speak for anyone else of course) in desiring that if we can get
specialized expertise *and* a community member for one of the appointed
seats, all the better.

We have 2 of those right now: for legal matters, Michael Snow.  For
technical matters, Domas.

I would not expect that to materially change in the future, although
with a 10 member board we now have "room" without affecting the
community nature of the board materially to bring in a treasurer (like
Stuart) and similar.

--Jimbo