[Foundation-l] Board restructuring and community

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 00:04:09 UTC 2008

2008/4/28 Guillaume Paumier <guillom.pom at gmail.com>:
>  On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >  However, I expected the chapter members to react, if only to share
>  >  interjections such as "how are we going to decide on the representants
>  >  ???". The only reaction I saw was the very negative feedback from
>  >  Lodewijk. I am *genuinely and honestly" puzzled by the near absence of
>  >  reaction. I do not know what to think of it.
>
>  Perhaps chapter members are not reacting because they've heard about
>  this restructuring on foundation-l yesterday as everyone else, and
>  they're still trying to figure out whether this is a good thing or
>  not. At least, I am. This proposal looks like a giant leap forward,
>  but I think chapters need time to fully understand its full
>  consequences.

Yes.
Chapters have been given a new privilege, but it is also a responsibility.
Although it is called "chapter seats", it's been said explicitly their
purpose is not actually to benefit the chapters.
There are few (no?) guidelines given for how chapters should go about
this. So, there's a lot of possibilities to explore.

Brianna

http://modernthings.org/