[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 20:28:26 UTC 2008

2008/4/28 Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org>:

>  David Goodman writes:
>
>  > 3) make plain our total repugnance for officers of the foundation who
>  > talk about the people who create Wikipedia as not having or deserving
>  > the right to the running of the project.
>
>  I don't know of any officers of the Foundation who are dismissive of
>  the people who create Wikipedia. Both Board and staff regard the
>  volunteer community as essential.

I agree - perhaps David is referring to Brad Patrick, who is a
*former* officer stating those views. The current staff and trustees,
while not always meeting the standards we expect of them (although
mostly, they do - people just don't see the need to comment much in
those cases), do seem to at least have their hearts in the right
place.