[Foundation-l] Official Election Notice -- concerns about suffrage requirements

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 20:45:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 1:46 PM, Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru> wrote:
> I generally do not regard the requirement as a problem, but would you
>  please elaborate how do you plan to carry out the proposal (b)? Just force
>  every project to put the announcement? In English? If not, who is going to
>  translate it in all languages?
>
>  Cheers
>  Yaroslav

There are often project-wide sitenotices for things like the elections
and Wikimania. As I understand it translation is generally coordinated
on meta, http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests.

Obviously this would be a big piece of work to do, but I would be very
much surprised if there wasn't going to be some sort of sitenotice
about the elections at some point, especially when voting starts.

-- phoebe