[Foundation-l] Board restructuring and community

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:49:02 UTC 2008

2008/4/27 Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com>:

>  Wikipedia-l traffic is down to 15k a month; wikien will drop below 300k this
>  month for the first time since the Indian Ocean Earthquake.

Just on lists -

wikipedia-l is all but moribund; project discussion happens on the
project lists, cross-project discussion here. What are the numbers for
all the public lists?

wikien-l's drop in traffic can IMO be attributed to having moderated
the most querulous contributors, and their contributions tend to have
more substance per message now. I'm also still at work on encouraging
wikien-l toward being an actually useful place that an encyclopedist
would *want* to read and write on. I'm happy to say it's probably
better than useless at present, after a long time of frequently being
worse than useless.

- d.