[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Sun Apr 27 21:08:45 UTC 2008

>   What I find most interesting about the whole quest for
> councils and board seats (vulgo: power) is that there is no
> incentive to those positions: The funds are earmarked (and
> rather small) and as soon as you make a decision that is
> contrary to the community's consensus, they will walk and
> you will have to cover yourself whether Amy Winehouse is so-
> ber or stoned at the moment. Or, in other words: There is no
> power because you cannot give orders to volunteers.
>
>   Personally, I would not mind if the current board's terms
> end 2099 as long as the servers are running, MediaWiki is
> maintained and developed and the financial conduct does not
> cross any legal limits.
>
> Tim

To put it in an impolite way, I do not care a sh*t about power. I joined
this list because some things I was dealing with were not (and are not)
running smoothly. Of course you can not give orders to volunteers, but if
there is an understanding that certain things should be done you can help
the volunteers to get them done.

Cheers,
Yaroslav