[Foundation-l] WMF and the press

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 19:08:39 UTC 2008

Hoi,
I do not think it is necessarily a lost cause, far from it. They are two
opposite forces shifting slightly from one side to the other and as we
mature as an organisation things will become more stable.

In my opinion, the relevance of what happens in the Foundation is
exaggerated, true relevance is in what happens in the projects. I find it
thrilling that people are considering a WikiRadio (I put it on my follow
list on Meta). It is important because when it happens it does because of
the initiative of the people that want to see it happen. It is similar to
the Wikipedia Weekly and the Not the Wikipedia Weekly, both are worth
attention :)

It is sad that the minutes are not available of the board meeting yet, it
would not surprise me when they make it even more clear that a council to
deal with the projects is an experiment that is allowed to happen. I believe
that if Effeietsanders and his team want a council they can start one, and
when they add value, they will get a lot of the influence they asked for. It
will just not come in the format they hoped it would be
Thanks,
     Gerard