[Foundation-l] Board response on Volunteer Council

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Sat Apr 26 05:15:11 UTC 2008

At this stage, the board has decided not to take action on the proposal
to develop a Volunteer Council. We thank everyone who put the time and
effort into formulating and discussing this proposal. Although the board
did not find a clear fit for this proposal in the formal structure of
the Wikimedia Foundation, we didn't rule out the possibility that the
Wikimedia project communities might organize this or another type of
council for their own benefit.

--Michael Snow