[Foundation-l] Future board meeting (5-7 april 08)

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Sat Apr 26 05:13:15 UTC 2008

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> Florence wrote the above on April 10, and since then no other person has
> seen fit to report on the discussions about the wiki/volunteer council,
> or made any comment that would allow this initiative to move forward,
> preferably with the blessing of the Board.

As indicated in Florence's response, this relates to a general
announcement that should be coming out within the next day. It involves
the election and the structure of the board as well, so it's a little
more involved than just a simple answer about the volunteer council. But
we can give you a preliminary response on that, I'll send that next in a
new thread.

I regret the delay, our first order of business was getting the
treasurer and audit committee set up. Incidentally, for me it
illustrates very well the value of meeting in person when feasible. I'd
say we dealt with 95% of this during the three days of the board meeting
in San Francisco; by contrast, it's taken nearly three weeks of
back-and-forth online to wrap up loose ends and put together the
remaining 5%. Also, my appreciation goes to the staff for their
assistance in acting on the output of the meeting.

--Michael Snow