[Foundation-l] policy on languages without native speakers

Crazy Lover always_yours.forever at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 00:15:41 UTC 2008

--- Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi,
> You have not understood my point. A dead language
> that is reconstructed,
> needs to be considered as not being that language.

don't confuse the definitions!

reconstructed language is a hypothetical language,
that isn't attested. for
example proto-indoeuropean, nobody knows how it spoke.
scholars rebuild it in
base of its daugthers languages, that are well
attested (sanskrit, Greek,
persian, latin, etc).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_reconstruction

ancient greek is very, very, very well attested, more
than latin and others. it's improper to talk about
reconstruction.

i recommend you, use another word to express your
idea. i suggest you
"extended". "ancient Greek extended"?

C.L.