[Foundation-l] Dealing with interwiki disruption

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:46:58 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, with GlobalBlocking, we can now block abusive IP addresses
>  across multiple wikis. Blocking their account is still a local act, until
>  a "Block Global Account" extension gets made (I believe someone is
>  working on it, but I could be wrong?)
>
>  -Chad

This thread is about White Cat wanting to get Jack Merridew on
simple.wikiquote and simple.wiktionary becuse he feels stalked due
that JM always votes contrary to him and sometimes he edits non
mainspace pages where Cat also edited.

He went to stewards channel earlier today demanding we take measures
about it. After 4 of us refused, he ended up putting on ignore (as
usual) pretty much anyone who spoke and started namecalling werdna
(who is precisely working on global block) for not agreeing with him.

Global blocking won't be used for petty personal disputes. And for
what I gather, it will work only on IPs.

And no, "being blocked on a wiki" doesn't automatically grant the
right to request same blocks in all other wikis