[Foundation-l] policy on languages without native speakers

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Thu Apr 24 17:59:06 UTC 2008

Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) hett schreven:
> Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, there must be an oversight process so that
>>  if the community believes the LC has acted in error in a specific
>>  case, it can be reopened and a constructive dialogue can be held.
> Isn't that what we're doing? Didn't you just comment in a public
> discussion suggesting that we have a public discussion? :)

I guess, the answer will be 'no'. We are discussing, but if the
subcommittee insists on its viewpoints, there is no way to do anything
about this for people with other viewpoints. I think Mark thought of
something like an official supervising institution, where at the end of
the discussion this institution says "The subcommittee was right" or
"The subcommittee was not right". And that decision would be binding.

At the moment we are just argueing and argueing and Gerard saying "You
don't understand the world!" and this will last til the end of days if
nobody gets tired of it before ;-) (Gerard won't, I guess ;-) )

Marcus Buck