[Foundation-l] The de:wp book as propaganda for free content

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 23:25:25 UTC 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4zDxObMQg8

That's the AP Money Minute. The end segment introduces that audience
to copyleft content as a commercial idea.

(they call it "wikipedia dot com" and the video is a lingering pan
over the English Wikipedia home page, but anyway ...)

The book is not only good for spreading the information in the book.
It's acting as propaganda for free content.

(I'm still amazed how MAINSTREAM FAMOUS our little encyclopedia
project is. What?)

- d.