[Foundation-l] Bertelsmann publishes "Wikipedia Encyclopedia in One Volume"

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Wed Apr 23 17:00:23 UTC 2008

I disagree with that. In my opinion, for a general encyclopaedia having
one volume with say 10K one-paragraph articles is much better than 1K
one-page articles. The latter format would be good for a specialized one,
like Encyclopaedia of Music or of Chemistry. But if one really wants to
get a quick idea what the name or the subject he/she has overheard is
about it is much better to have more shorter articles. Additional
information is readily available anyway, in particular, in Wikipedia.

Cheers,
Yaroslav