[Foundation-l] Bertelsmann publishes "Wikipedia Encyclopedia in One Volume"

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:44:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I guess for Bertelsmann and for Wikipedia such a book would be ok, but
>  a reader would be more served with one volume out of a series of
>  books, each of them containing something like 1000 or 2000 complete
>  Wikipedia articles on some broad subject.

There is a large number of possible options how to design and
implement a printed encyclopedia. And when it comes to usefulness,
one-volume concise encyclopedias are very much limited anyway.

This is not an XOR decision. Anyone can come up with a practical
solution how to fill content originating in Wikipedia into dead trees.
And I would like to hear them all :)

Mathias