[Foundation-l] [Announcement]: Appointment of new Board Treasurer (FAQ #2 and FAQ#3)

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 11:08:15 UTC 2008

Florence Devouard wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> On behalf of the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation, it's my
>> pleasure today to announce the appointment of Stuart West as our new
>> Board Treasurer. Stuart brings a wonderful mix of professional
>> experience and capacity to the Foundation, and will help us in our
>> continuing efforts to improve the Foundation's overall financial
>> accountability and sustainability.
>>
>> A bit of background about our new Board Treasurer:
>>
>> Stuart has over 15 years of financial experience, including senior
>> executive roles at publicly-traded companies including Yahoo! Inc., TiVo
>> Inc., and in investment banking at J.P. Morgan & Co. He also worked with
>> the United States Mission to the United Nations. Stuart's educational
>> background includes a B.A. in History from Yale University, where he
>> focused on 20th century diplomacy, and the Executive Program for Growing
>> Companies at the Stanford Business School.  He is a dual citizen of the
>> United States and the United Kingdom.
>>
>> Stuart is a great believer in the Foundation's mission, and in the time
>> the Board has spent with him so far we have been impressed by his broad
>> awareness of the projects and their impact around the world.  He will be
>> a great addition to the Board, and a tremendous resource for the Foundation.
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Stuart to our community!
>>
>> Florence Devouard
>> Chair Wikimedia Foundation
>
> 30 seconds.
>
> That was the delay between the posting and the first good question on irc...
>
> Q: "Board Tresurer" is a member of BoT or not?
>
> A: yes, Stu is a member of the board of trustees of WMF.
>
> Ant

Hello

Two more questions I got during the night.

Q:Where is Stu living ?

A: In San Francisco. Which is really cool because it means he has a
knowledge of the local life and habits. And cool because he can easily
meet irl the staff (in particular Veronique) to discuss financial issues.

Q:What is the length of his term ?

A:His official term will end in december 2008 (as Jan-Bart or Jimbo's).
All appointed seats terms are at the end of each year. Appointed seats
can be renewable, and of course, we hope he'll be our treasurer for many
years to come :-)

Ant