[Foundation-l] Hello

Stu West swest at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 23 03:22:06 UTC 2008

Thanks to Florence for the kind words and to everyone else for the warm
welcome.  I'm glad to see my "honeymoon" as a new board member lasted
about an hour before I became the subject of a vigorous back-and-forth
on foundation-l.  ;-)

First let me say that I'm really excited about my new role.  This
community has done amazing things over the past seven years, creating
projects that touch hundreds of millions of people around the world.
It's really an honor for me to serve you and contribute in whatever way
I can.

As for Thomas's question, I've been using en.wikipedia for years and
even edit a little (recently as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Stu),
but was certainly not invited to join the board because of my edit
count.  I haven't spent as much time as I'd like on the other projects
and am looking forward to exploring them over the coming months.

As for foundation-l, I've been on it since last year (via gmane) and
generally enjoy the give-and-take, though I do take holidays from it
when the signal-to-noise ratio drops.

Thanks again for the welcome.  Please feel free to contact me at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Stu or stu at wikimedia.org.  I'm
chasing a 10-month old child around these days, so it may take me a
while to respond, but I'll do my best.

-stu

PS -- Please remember that WP:DONTBITE applies to new board members too!