[Foundation-l] [Announcement]: Appointment of new Board Treasurer

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 21:36:34 UTC 2008

> 2008/4/22 Brad Patrick <bradp.wmf at gmail.com>:
>
> >  On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>
>  >  wrote:
>  >  > On 22/04/2008, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >  > >  On behalf of the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation, it's my
>  >  > >  pleasure today to announce the appointment of Stuart West as our new
>  >  > >  Board Treasurer.
>
>  >  > Welcome on board!
>  >  > A question for Stuart if he's reading: Florence has described your
>  >  > professional background (which is the important bit for a treasurer),
>  >  > but how much experience do you have with the Wikimedia projects, if
>  >  > any?
>

> > And that is relevant how, exactly?
>

> I assume it was just a "howdy" question to ask Stuart to say hi and
>  introduce himself :-)

That's how I meant it. It took me a couple of attempts to word it in a
way that didn't sound like I was trying to accuse anybody of anything
- it appears I still failed... oh well...

(Good tip: When in doubt, assume I'm not accusing you of doing
something wrong - if I really am accusing you, you can trust that I
will leave you in no doubt!)