[Foundation-l] [Announcement]: Appointment of new Board Treasurer

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 19:00:59 UTC 2008

Dear all,

On behalf of the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation, it's my
pleasure today to announce the appointment of Stuart West as our new
Board Treasurer. Stuart brings a wonderful mix of professional
experience and capacity to the Foundation, and will help us in our
continuing efforts to improve the Foundation's overall financial
accountability and sustainability.

A bit of background about our new Board Treasurer:

Stuart has over 15 years of financial experience, including senior
executive roles at publicly-traded companies including Yahoo! Inc., TiVo
Inc., and in investment banking at J.P. Morgan & Co. He also worked with
the United States Mission to the United Nations. Stuart's educational
background includes a B.A. in History from Yale University, where he
focused on 20th century diplomacy, and the Executive Program for Growing
Companies at the Stanford Business School.  He is a dual citizen of the
United States and the United Kingdom.

Stuart is a great believer in the Foundation's mission, and in the time
the Board has spent with him so far we have been impressed by his broad
awareness of the projects and their impact around the world.  He will be
a great addition to the Board, and a tremendous resource for the Foundation.

Please join me in welcoming Stuart to our community!

Florence Devouard
Chair Wikimedia Foundation