[Foundation-l] Contingency plans for Wikimania

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 04:36:14 UTC 2008

Exactly. The embassy staff will certainly help if it's a major issue, but
for something minor (like I said: being laid up for a day or so due a
medical issue), is something that the local organization team and the
Foundation can play a big big role in. I've traveled abroad before, and
before my group left, we registered our travel with the embassy. We
also formed a volunteer phone tree (which everyone signed up for!), so
notification of family+friends of a problem (both real or potential) could
be carried out quickly and easily.

I don't see why some people would be opposed to such a thing. As Greg
points out, such things are often mandatory. Even if you make it
optional, as I suggested, it could still be a nice asset.

-Chad