[Foundation-l] (Flashback) A short (and revised) FAQ about Wikimania in Alexandria

Mike Godwin mgodwin at wikimedia.org
Sat Apr 19 16:44:05 UTC 2008

Guillaume writes:

> Thank you Mike for this FAQ. However, it seems to me this is the
> result of an "internal" assessment conducted by Foundation employees,
> with the help of local organizers.

I'm not sure what you mean by "internal" here, but I consulted with a
number of outside experts with relevant experience.  I expect to
continue consulting with them and others as the conference gets
nearer. The focus on the local team's responses in the FAQ reflects
the Egyptian consulate's advice -- that all international conferences
work with their local partners to get local advice about how to reduce
risk.

--Mike