[Foundation-l] (Flashback) A short (and revised) FAQ about Wikimania in Alexandria

Jon scream at datascreamer.com
Sat Apr 19 04:18:07 UTC 2008

Mike Godwin wrote:
> Jon writes:
>

>> Have you checked the state departments travel information area for any
>> alerts, et cetera?
>>

> I can't speak for Dan, but we certainly did. I found <http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis_pa_tw_1168.html
>  > a good place to start.
>

> --Mike

That is exactly where I start before I travel abroad.  The US state
department has an interest in keeping the travelers safe while abroad,
so they will usually keep the site as up date as they can.  There are
other public resources available.  The advice here is country specific
(areas to avoid, things to do/not to do) sensitivities, along with those
common sense recommendation about awareness of surroundings, traveling
in groups, et cetera.
I hope this helps.

Regards,
Jon