[Foundation-l] UNIQUE AND WORKABLE CRITERION

Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) pathoschild at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 19:10:29 UTC 2008

Pharos <pharosofalexandria at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Now, -if- you thought it was a useful idea to distinguish between
>  Latin and Sumerian, wouldn't this be a good way to do that in these
>  cases?

Assuming that, I still think the criterion is too subjective. This is
particularly true for languages like Aramanik, which have few or no
English speakers to write a featured article. Furthermore, the
articles on "Aramanik" and "Aramanik literature" would need to be
extensive before an article specifically about "modern Aramanik
literature" were featured.

Featured texts are selected by vote. If the only purpose is to
determine "notability", we can hold our own vote on that specific
issue. However, I don't think voting is a very good tool for this kind
of decision.

--
Yours cordially,
Jesse Plamondon-Willard (Pathoschild)