[Foundation-l] Three fundraising job openings

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 12:54:43 UTC 2008

> Chad, Jon, Thomas, others - don't you think it makes
>  sense
>  to stay focused on the big picture and the Board, and trust that until
>  demonstrated
>  otherwise the Foundation has the right people in the right place to make
>  sure it
>  stays afloat?

Since you've explicitly named me, I'll chip in. I'm surprised that the
foundation is hiring so many more people so soon, but doing so is a
simple business decision and I'm confident Sue is more than qualified
to make it.  The issues the foundation faces with respect to
transparency are rather unique, so I doubt anyone on the staff or
board has much experience with them - for that reason, I'm not willing
to blindly trust them. I'm sure they are all acting in good faith, but
that doesn't mean they're right.