[Foundation-l] New wiki creation moratorium

Simetrical Simetrical+wikilist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 23:59:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Tim Starling <tstarling at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>  I think it makes no sense at all. Anyone who thinks it's easier to change
>  the world than to change the transition date in a secret draft license
>  needs their head examined.

Thus it makes no sense for anyone to insist on that course of action
to begin with.  But if, for some ridiculous reason, that were
nonnegotiable or not worth negotiating, it would make perfect sense to
stop creating wikis temporarily rather than having to deal with the
headache of migrating their license manually.  Which is why I objected
to the tone of the criticisms of Erik et al. -- there was a
presumption of unreasonableness *on the part of Wikimedia* that wasn't
warranted without further info (even if my particular theory happens
to be incorrect).

But I don't think you disagree with any of that.