[Foundation-l] Ancient Greek Wikipedia, possible reconsideration

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 17:38:09 UTC 2008

>  The subcommittee does not make exceptions to the policy, so discussion
>  should focus on the policy rather than on exempting particular
>  requests.

I keep hearing about this committee and its rules, and I keep liking
it less and less. Who was it behind originally appointing a small
group tasked with the job of deciding if a language was worthy of
a project? As long as people are willing to get it started, what does
it hurt allowing it to go forward? If the project stagnates, then you
close it.

Hosting a tiny wiki is negligible in terms of server resources, so
it's not even like it's a waste of space. However, what /is/ a waste
is the dozens and dozens of e-mails I get on the subject, trying
to debate minute details of Ancient Greek to decide if it fits the
policy to the letter.

If it's this hard to get a project off the ground, then the system is
flawed.

-Chad