[Foundation-l] Report to the Board (March)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 23:32:22 UTC 2008

On 15/04/2008, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  I will also mention that in April 17, 2007 the Wikimedia Foundation and
>  Linterweb announced the release of Wikipedia Version 0.5, a compact disc
>  collection of approximately 2,000 articles from the English Wikipedia.
>  The project paves the way for many such collections, with larger
>  releases planned in a variety of languages.

And the SOS Children Wikipedia Selection For Schools, which was done
by SOS Children for their own needs but is done on the SOS side by
Andrew Cates, aka [[:en:User:BozMo]]. The SOS Children DVD is
particularly interesting as it's a downstream distributor using
Wikipedia content as raw material for something it's producing for a
use.

- d.